03 December 2008

process book – more specific?

i made a more specific list of everything that is going to go into this book...

1. collages:
a. body
b. heart

2. info graphic

3. e. e. cummings typewriter pages
a. body
b. heart
c. tic toc clocks
d. v

4. specimen pages
whole pages:
a. persian/husband
b. dead bird (pages 1 & 2)
c. wooden spool
d. bible
e. kfc chicken
f. nemesis required
g. we live together
h. cover
i. colophon
cropped pages:
a. porcelain dolls
b. i <3 cat puke
c. potato canon

5. scans from my journal:
a. statistics/information gathering from info graphic
b. sketches, whether they have to do with my projects or not

6. "what do i do?" a small mental breakdown on paper

7. selections from my blog:
a. screen shots (of blog and of early versions of projects)
b. my ranting/complaining/train of thought/brain storming

8. words that have inspired me this semester


––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––


and all of this will be organized into sections, which are titled...


COLLAGES
(with and without the poems, full page and close ups)

INFO GRAPHIC
(full info graphic and close ups, maybe silk screened)

WORDS THAT HAVE CHANGED THE WAY I SEE THINGS AND THE WAY I WORK
(excerpts from tao te ching, selected poems by e. e. cummings, an e-mail from a mentor, a list of twenty-five excuses why one of my good friends didn't do his work last year)

MENTAL BREAKDOWN
("what do i do?," and an explanation of how i felt in retrospect)

TYPE SPECIMEN BOOK
(selected pages and close-up details of pages)

EXCERPTS FROM MY BLOG
(screen shots, selected entries)

WHAT IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET WHERE I AM NOW
(various versions of my work as it evolved)






phew.

No comments: